As mass rallies in cities across the world happen on Saturday 6th November – including here in Wales – church leaders in Wales unite to call on world leaders to take decisive action for #climatejustice at #COP26 @COP26 @UNFCCC @DileuTlodi
COP26 and the climate emergency are hitting the headlines an many of feel the urgency for concerted global action.
But what is the next step for you and your church to reduce carbon footprint, care for creation and to encourage others as well? Solar panels? insulation? new garden? recycling scheme?
Whatever your idea, the Synod Scheme & Grants Committee have a seed money fund to help churches or Circuits.
Download an application form and the guidelines.
Join with Christian Aid, Tearfund and CAFOD on the Global Day of Action for climate justice.
On Saturday the 6th of November, mass mobilisations are taking place across the world to demand action on climate change in this critical moment in time as world leaders meet in Glasgow for the COP26 climate conference.
One of these mass mobilisations will take place in Cardiff. Please join us at this critical moment in time to join in the call for climate justice, and to stand in solidarity with our brothers and sister on the frontline of the climate emergency. We aim to draw together as a ‘faith bloc’, so that the faith imperative for action on climate change is visible.
Where and when?
- Saturday 6th November
- 11AM – Join us at Eglwys Dewi Sant (St Andrew’s Crescent, Cardiff CF10 3DD) from 10:45AM for a brief prayer meeting at 11AM. This will be an opportunity to chat, collect placards, and have a moment of reflection before we head over to the march together by 12PM.
- 12PM – Assemble at City Hall before marching through the city towards Cardiff Bay for a rally at the Senedd.
- Prayer & Action – Spread the word!
Over the coming weeks, please will you share this invitation with your congregation and community and come as a group to join us?
- #PrayForCOP26: https://www.christianaid.org.uk/get-involved/campaigns/climate-justice-every-moment-matters
- Further Information about the Global Day of Action: https://www.christianaid.org.uk/get-involved-campaigns/climate-change/cop26-mobilisation
- You can also share about the Cardiff Day of Action via Facebook here: https://fb.me/e/1PsRxOoYj
Please let us know if you are coming! If you have any questions and to RSVP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 02920844652.
Two Synod Colleagues have led BBC Wales Celebrations recently.
Rev Delyth Liddell on Sunday 10th October –
and the new Chaplain at Rydal Penhros Rhos School, Colwyn Bay – Rev Dr Rob Beamish was broadcast on Sunday 24th October –
The BBC Radio Wales Celebration Service on Sunday 19th September will be led by Revd Dr Stephen Wigley.
The programme starts at 7:30am and will also be available here after broadcast.
Induction and Welcome Service
For Daud Irfan
As Youth President of the Methodist Church
Sunday 29th August 2021 at 3pm
At Cyncoed Methodist Church
There are limited seats available for this service.
If you would like to support Daud on this important occasion, please contact email@example.com to book a seat.
Please find to follow the YouTube link for the Ordination Service of one of our Synod Presbyters, Rev Philip Osborne.
The service will start this Sunday 27th June, at 4pm.